Friday, March 27, 2009

Picky & Pics

I am positive that I am not the only mother with children who are picky eaters. In order to help with this dilemma I have read, researched, and tried it all. Here is the conclusion that I,personally, have come up with...children are going to eat when they're ready. There's no amount of force or corrosion that can make a child eat or try something new. All I can do is provide the food and put it on the plates. One day when I least expect it, a bite is taken and I hear the words, "mmmm, I like that!" Oh, that's music to my ears.

I must say that Hannah has greatly improved her eating habits this past year. A crying child at dinner time is much less common then it used to be. Thank goodness. I even get requests for celery, broccoli, and carrots for snacks now. Amazing isn't it?! Hannah is still picky but she is much more willing to try new things when she is in the right mood. Some of the things that she's picky with is actually kind of funny....for example: Hannah will not eat a quesedilla, however, she will eat a tortilla with cheese on the side, she will eat pepperoni but not on her pizza, she likes to dip her tortilla chips in apple sauce, she will only eat raw vegetables, and even though this child LOVES fruit she will not eat a peanut butter sandwich with jam on it.

Amelia on the other hand is the exact opposite of her sister (as you can see from the following picture). This child will eat everything and anything. Not only that, but she would eat all day if I would let her. It's so funny how these children have the same genes but are totally different. I love it!

Here are some more cute pics of the girls that I wanted to share.

They LOVE to play dress-ups together!



On my Birthday we took the girls to Kangaroo Zoo. They had a blast! Of course Hannah went to the biggest and steepest slide first, with Amelia following right behind her.

(This slide isn't the big one that I was talking about, obviously)


7 comments:

MerriLynn said...

Aren't kids so funny with eating? Just imagine 6 of them all having different eating habits. It's hard to remember which one likes what! Traven is the one that hates Mayo, and Bryer is the one that hates rice. Kaylor is still young, that he will try everything and then just spit it out in a gross way.

Your girls are getting so big, and they are so cute. We miss seeing them growing up.

Have a great day!

Taunya said...

Oh those kids are so sweet. I can't wait to see them again in a few months.

It is funny how different every child is. As you know all three of mine are incredibly different from each other.

rayndrop said...

we have picky eaters over at this house too.

how fun to have two little girls together. the dress up pictures are cute.

Michelle said...

Your girls are so cute! I love the pic of Amelia licking her plate! haha

Mubeen said...

Your girls sound just like my kids. Madyson is our picky eater and Zayn is our oinker. Good to know that I'm not alone...

The Heaton's said...

What sweet girls! They look like best friends. Love the pics! I love to sit back and watch what their little minds come up with when pretending. I think we all have at least one child that is more picky than the others. Those are some of our little test in life when it comes to being a mother:)!

kdance said...

Yes, kids are picky! Evan hasn't been too picky with eating until the past couple of weeks. It's driving me crazy! But like you said, it's not worth the trouble to try and force them. When are we going to hang out, girl?