I love how every experience is such an adventure with this child. Jared and I decided to take Hannah to the Draper Temple Open House. We thought that Amelia wouldn't last the whole time. Plus it would be a fun outing for just the three of us. We thought Hannah would be so excited to go because she always asks to go to the temple. When I told her what we were doing that day she said that she did not want to go. We finally convinced her to go by telling her that she gets to ride in a huge bus. While we were watching the introductory movie at the church she kept asking, very loudly, when she would get to ride the bus. The whole shuttle drive to the temple she kept saying, "This is fun, I like riding on the bus!"While we were in the temple a whole new adventure began....First, Hannah was mad that she couldn't go swimming in the the baptismal font. Then she kept trying to pass everyone in line by running past them up the stairs. She was blown away by the beauty of the Celestial Room; she wanted to go back to it. When we were approaching the Sealing Rooms I told her that is the room where people get married. She then asked where the lady in the pretty white dress was. So cute!
While we were driving home I asked Hannah what her favorite thing about the temple was. She said the HUGE bus that she got to ride with her friends; apparently everyone on the bus became her friends, and the chicken and fries (we stopped to eat afterwards). I'm sure for the next little while I will get a whole bunch of little stories about the temple. I can't wait to hear more about what she thought!
It was such an amazing experience to be inside the temple with your own child. I just pray that I can teach her and help guide her to always have the excitement to be in the temple. That was the first time that I have ever been inside one of the smaller temples. What a wonderful revelation!!
7 comments:
That is so funny that she loved the bus ride the most and that she wanted to swim in the baptismal font! You are such a good mom to take her and teach her. Oh by the way...happy early birthday...next Tuesday that is. :)
That is so tender! I got the chills just reading it. I am glad you took her. It will be an experience she will remember forever!
What a great experience for you guys! It's such a beautiful place. I am sure she will remember it forever! Funny about the bus! Our girls hated the bus ride because it smelled so bad! Isn't it wonderful to be able to be in the celestial room with our children?! I feel like you, I hope that when they are grown we can all experience it again togethr!
That Hannah, she keeps my laughing. It is wonderful that you could take her to the open house. I wish we could take our kids to an open house. Maybe someday a new temple will open in our area. For now we are so grateful that we have the D.c. Temple. There is nothing like having a temple near by. What a blessing!
How cute!! Such great memories!
What a cutie! Good for you to take her!
You are right! It is a wonderful experience to see your own children in the temple with you. I will never forget when you came into the Celestial Room for the first time and you hugged all your sisters. That picture is etched in my mind forever.
Post a Comment