Monday, May 23, 2011

Girl's Trip (Catch-up #2)

I must admit that one thing that has been difficult for me is having my sister Taunya living clear across the country. I miss her so much and I miss seeing my nieces and nephew grow up. Oh, and I can't forget my brother-in-law, Jonathon, I miss him too.
So, when my sister had sweet Liza I was determined to go back to Virginia and see that cute little baby before she got too big. (In the pictures you will see that Liza isn't exactly a "little baby" so I guess I didn't quite make it out there before she got big.) Along with my other sister's and my mom we decided to be out there for Liza's blessing day. Girl's Trip, yeah!!! That means shopping, eating yummy food, and lot's of chit chatting.

 Here we go....
I wasn't quite ready to leave Lily behind so she got to join in on all the fun. Even though she did awesome on the plane ride, it was not her idea of fun.

Shopping in Georgetown
I was dying to get a cupcake from Georgetown Cupcakes, but the line was THREE hours long. I love myself a cupcake, but not that much.

 Right in the middle of all the stores is this beautiful garden.

Taking in the Sites 
This was the first time that I had ever been to D.C so I was excited to see the monuments and museums. We didn't have too much time to be all touristy, but at least I got to see some of it.

 One night Jonny and Taunya took my mom and myself to go see some of the monuments at night. BEAUTIFUL!! This is the view from the Jefferson Monument.

Obviously this is the Lincoln Monument
 I wish for you now to observe the lovely coat in which I am wearing. That was my killer of a deal I got while on our shopping adventure.

Vietnam Memorial
 

World War II Monument

Washington Memorial

Arlington Cemetary
Tomb of the Unkown Soldier

Taking a break at Arlington 

Being in our Nations Capital was an experience that I will never forget. It was such a spiritual and touching place to be. This land has truely been blessed by our Father in Heaven. How fortunate we are to be living in this country of freedom. Thank you to all those throughout the years who have sacrificed for this country.  

Those Cute Kids



Thank you to my sweet sisters and my mom for such a fun trip. I hope we make these girl trips a regular thing. Also, thank you to the Allen family for being the best hosts. Thanks to Jonny for putting up with all of us Swallow girls (you are a brave soul) and for watching Lily so we could go have some fun together. Thank you to my neighbors who helped watch Hannah and Amelia. Also, thank you Jared for supporting me on this big outing. You're the best hubby ever!!

3 comments:

The Jeridans said...

Looks like you had a great time!!! Girl trips are the best. DC is such a historic place to visit, definitely lots to do and see.
Glad you had a great time. :)

Anonymous said...

Your girls trip looks amazing! So jealous! I would love to go there! Looks awesome! Love you guys!

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

TARA! When I lost my blog list I couldn't get back to your blog until I smartened up and found your link on facebook! Yay! How fun for you to go on such an awesome adventure with the gals!! You are as adorable as ever! And, I love the coat!