Monday, September 1, 2008

"Watch Out For That Tree!"

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Labor Day weekend. The weather created somewhat of a damper for us (no pun intended). We, however, had a lot more than just a little summer shower. When we left for church on Sunday it was a little breezy with some clouds in the sky. This was what we came home to:



Jared and Hannah were most upset about the corn being ruined.


It was a crazy microburst. All of a sudden the winds picked up, reaching speeds of 70 mph. The wind blew over three huge pinetrees right next to the church parking lot, our neighbors trampoline was literally wrapped around a telephone pole, and some other neighbors had there front window blown out. Luckily nobody was hurt and everything is back to normal with just a few trees missing.

11 comments:

Malia said...

And I thought the wind was bad at our house! I am so sorry about the damage, but glad nobody was hurt! Maybe we can have a playdate and clean your yard!

The Heaton's said...

Wow! That's crazy! Glad no one was hurt!

MerriLynn said...

That is so sad. I'm sorry about you yard. Chad's dad told us about the storm. Luckily our house was ok. We wouldn't have been there to clean any of it up.

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

Aaahhh, the corn! Darn! Your yard looks like it WAS really nice. I am sure it will be again soon. It reminds me of all the nasty weather in Mississippi, I spent HOURS picking up sticks from our pecan trees after every hurricane. Oh the toil that comes with a yard! Glad you are all safe.

Taunya said...

Wow! I didn't realize you could get weather like that. I am glad nobody was hurt.

Shawn and Steph said...

Wow, it's amazing how quick the weather can change...sorry about your yard. Glad nobody was hurt!

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks so nice! Even though everything is blown over! The weather was kindof a pain for the holiday!

The Balls said...

O my Tara! That is a giant mess! I am so sorry!

kdance said...

Holy moly, girl! THat's nuts! Man, I'm glad your windows didn't burst.

I have a million tomatoes! My mother in law is going to help me can this week because I have a gazillion and I don't want them to go bad. Maybe we could can together also...? Have you done it already?

Dani said...

Just wanted to leave a note to say "hi"! Sorry about the yard and garden, but glad that no one was hurt! We miss you guys, so it's fun to see what's happening with everyone! Take care!!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry for the damage. Look how popular you are Tara. You always have at least 10 comments. I think it is a testament to what a good friend you are as well as a remarkable person. I hope everything is going well for you. I would love to hear from you sometime.