Christmas Cards
If any of you didn't happen to receive our Christmas card let me first say that I am very sorry and here is a preview. (This was my first attempt to using Photoshop so please excuse its mediocrity. I'll work on it)

Neighbor Gifts
I must say that probably one of the biggest stresses for me during the Christmas season are the gifts that you send around to your neighbors. I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea. While they may be a stress, they are actually one of my favorite things of the season as well. It's stressful coming up with an idea, but then I love getting them ready and handing them out. I love telling my wonderful neighbors thanks for everything that they do for us during the year. This year we sent out puzzles with the following saying:
So we puzzled our puzzlers and we'd have to agree, With old Mr. Grinch and his Christmas theory.Families are what this season is for, Time with each other........not time in a store.So we got you a puzzle, to share with those you hold dear, A small gift that keeps giving all through the year.For Every Who down in Whoville, the tall and the small, Knows that TIME with your family, is the BEST GIFT of all!
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas,
The Tonioli Family
Great Parties and Even Better Food
Usually every weekend is filled with some sort of Christmas party during the month of December. We were very fortunate this year because our local parties were moved to take place during the week and then all the rest got scheduled during the same weekend. So, our travel time was minimized exponentially this year. Hopefully we can be just as lucky next year.
Of course with each party and gathering came came Delicious food as well. Yes, I judge a parties success by the food. This year we went to some great parties.Usually every weekend is filled with some sort of Christmas party during the month of December. We were very fortunate this year because our local parties were moved to take place during the week and then all the rest got scheduled during the same weekend. So, our travel time was minimized exponentially this year. Hopefully we can be just as lucky next year.
Everyone Else Did It (Tara's Guilty Pleasure)
Isn't it really frustrating when you just can't put a book down? The only thing more frustrating is when there are four books in the series that you can't put down. . Yes, it's true I read the Twilight series. After saying that I never would, I did it. Yes, I even enjoyed them. They were very entertaining. (Go to http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1162543.Breaking_Dawn62543.Breaking_Dawn to read my full review.) The horrible thing about the books were that once I started I couldn't stop. So, for a week straight I read them all and did nothing else but the bare minimum for my family to survive. I know I am a horrible wife and mother.
Snow Fun
We've had a lot of fun shoveling snow (insert sarcasm please). The fun part has actually been getting the girls all bundled up to enjoy the white stuff. At first Amelia wasn't too sure about it but after she got to go down a snow pile in the sled she wouldn't come in. You never have to convince Hannah to go outside.
Hannah's Birthday
I must apologize to Hannah for not giving her her own birthday post on her birthday. Unfortunately her special day lands on a very busy time. Poor kid. She has been anticipating her own birthday all year. So, we did make sure that she had a fun day that was just for her and that she got a party that night. The only request that Hannah wanted for her Birthday was to have a Pink Party. So that's exactly what we had. She had pink cupcakes with pink butterflies and flowers, pink decorations, pink plates, pink napkins, pink presents, and she wanted to wear pink. She's so excited to be three!
Happy late Birthday to our Sweet Girl!
Christmas Morning
I've said it once, and I am going to say it again these adorable little girls of ours make holidays so much fun. It was seriously like I was a kid again watching them devour Christmas. Everything from the music to baking Christmas goodies was a huge and wonderful experience. We decided that our family would carry on one of Jared's traditions from when he was a kid. Everyone wakes up, eats breakfast, then opens presents. While this was an excruciatingly difficult tradition for me to get used to when I married into the Tonioli family, it actually makes a lot of sense for us. Let's just say that Hannah is less than a morning person and Amelia can't go more than ten minutes until she must eat after waking up. By adopting Jared's childhood Christmas ritual we were able to have happy and excited children for present opening. Plus that feeling of anticipation lasts that much longer.
Now may the new year bring just as many fun and busy memories.
*Pictures Coming Soon*
8 comments:
What a funny post Tara! Everyone needs a good reading fix now and then; I'm glad no one died and the house didn't collapse while you got yours. :o) As for your fabulous neighborhood gift idea - I'm so going to steal it for next year - funny, meaningful, and fun (I love puzzles at Christmastime!)
I love the latest posts. I too loved loved the neighbor gift idea. We just might have to seal it too. We sure missed spending the holidays with you. I'm glad to hear it was a happy time.
Okay, now you've got a third thief...I loved the puzzle idea too! It was very cute! As for the Twilight Saga, I'm with you. I swore I'd never read it and when I did, it was a mirror of your own story! =)
You have been busy! I love the puzzle idea- so cute! I might have to steal it! Twilight huh- yes I have read them and I enjoyed them too- it has sparked a love for reading again- its kind of like my escape! I know a lot of good books it you need more! It sounds like things are good with you and your cute family!
You are so talented Tara. It looks like you had a great holiday season. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up. I too have read Twilight. I got hooked. What can you do? Hope you are doing well.
hey, It is good to get an update since we never see you guys.
I, as a nieghbor, absolutly loved your gift this year. In fact, I had to call my mother an read it to her the night you delivered it. We are always looking for that perfect gift and cute saying also. I am glad that your December went well, the best of luck in the New Year!
PS your card looks wonderful. I didn't even get one made. We soooo need new family pictures. And I forgive you for reading Twillight! Ha Ha, get the joke.
Post a Comment