He's a Brittany Spaniel. If you are thinking that Cookie isn't exactly a very masculine name for a hunting dog, you would be right. However, since Jared is the wonderful dad that he is, he let Hannah name him. (The funny thing is that now Hannah calls him Buddy. Hahaha)
Cookie was Jared's birthday present. (Jared's birthday was clear back in May... now you know how on top of things I am.) Allow me to tell you the great story of how we came to have this precious dog in our home. I hope the sarcasm is coming through loud and clear. Jared could never think of anything that he wanted for his birthday present, but he told me to wait because he would tell me ... eventually. One day around 2:00 in the afternoon I get a phone call from him and he tells me that he's finally decided what he wants. "Great babe! What is it?" was my wifely response. He then said that he found this puppy online that he might be interested in. I told him that was a great idea and he should look into it more then let me know what he thought. I never heard back from him. That night he shows up with the puppy. Surprise!
Here's the "best" part of the whole story. I overhear Jared telling our neighbor how he got the dog. It turns out he had to drive to a city three hours away to pick him up. I then asked Jared what time he left work to go get him and he said around 1:00 that afternoon. Remember how he called me earlier that day? He was actually on his way to go get that dog when he called me and he didn't say a thing about it!! It's a good thing he's so cute...by that I mean both Jared and Cookie.
Cookie just loves to steal Amelia's binkie. Don't worry I wash it after he takes it.
He's actually been a pretty good addition to our family. Jared has been tempted to get rid of him only once so far. That was when he swallowed a piece of plastic which required surgery in order to dislodge it from his intestines. Cookie managed to double his worth through vet bills. We won't mention how many times I've wanted to get rid of him. I don't believe in house pets unless it's in a fish bowl, but apparently this animal needs to sleep in our laundry room.
Cookie's stitches after his surgery.
Despite some hostility that you may be picking up on, when it comes down to it I actually do love the little guy. The girls absolutely adore him. Cookie is the first thing they ask for when they wake up and they can't go to sleep until they've told him goodnight. He's very patient with all the tail pulling and teasing. Welcome to the family, Cookie!
8 comments:
Ah, what a cute dog! And what a funny story! I can't believe that Jared drove 3 hours to pick up a dog that you didn't even know you were getting!!
That's so funny that Jared called you while he was on his way to pick up the dog! haha
Congrats on the dog, I know I am slow and how happy you are to have him. The girls will love growing up with a dog. My kids always did.
What a cute dog! Our girls are still working on Adam to let them get a puppy! Not sure if we are ready for that kind of responsibility yet:)! Love the pics with the girls and cookie!
Hey, I had a boy dog named Cookie growing up! Although, he was a mutt and not near as cute as yours. I loved him just the same, though. Ha ha, loved reading that story again. Dave laughed when I told him the story of Jared's surprise a couple months ago.
We were thrilled to meet cookie the other day. I think my kids have recovered from their first experience with him. What a darling dog!
What a cute dog! He looks really sweet!
Awww, Cookie is soo cute! How fun to have a fun new playmate!
Post a Comment