Monday, July 20, 2009

One Crazy July (and it's not even over yet)

What a month! It seems like we've had a lot going on. The good thing is that it's been the fun type of busy. Well....not exactly we have had a couple set backs. I might as well start with those. Our washer died. The laundry just kept piling up until we could decide on a new one to get. Now I'm actually kind of grateful for our loss because I love my new front loader! Here's the story with our other sad event from the month.

Another ER Visit
Between the two girls we have had staples in the back of the head, stitches on the face, a broken finger, and now the latest is a burned foot. We were at my parent's house having Sunday dinner; which was dutch oven by the way. Everyone was outside playing and talking when all of a sudden Amelia starts SCREAMING. I look over and she was walking out of the garden right where the hot coals were. I run her inside and put her feet under cold water. The skin started turning white and blistering. She doesn't calm down at all so we decided to take her to the ER. When we got there, they quickly got us in and numbed the burned foot (luckily only the right one got burned). Once the medicine kicked in Amelia stopped crying and starting laughing and singing songs with us. The nurse came back in, wrapped it and taught us how to take care of it. After a couple days we took to her to the pediatrician for a follow up. Her entire arch was one big blister and her toes and the area underneath was all blistered. It's starting to heal nicely but we still have to keep it wrapped up and keep medicine on it. Amelia's been such a trooper. She's been walking on it and hardly ever complains. In fact she's been very proud to show off her big bandaid. Maybe now she'll realize that she needs to wear her shoes outside.

The Great Outdoors
Every year right before the 4th we always go camping with Jared's family. It's so much fun. This year we went to Cub River in Idaho. I quickly realized that I did not bring enough clothes. There was this stream/mud hole right next to our camp which the kids just loved getting into. I understand that kids are just going to be dirty when you're camping but this was just a little too much for me. Hannah actually was pretty good not to get too muddy. Amelia on the other hand was always either wet or completely muddy. I probably let it get to me too much. At least they were having fun.

Sadly, I didn't pull out the camera nearly enough because I was too busy cleaning kids and clothes. Here are some shots of the kids down by the river.


Cousins are so much fun!


We drove to the top of the mountain on what I guess was supposed to be a road.

The 4th

This year the 4th was spent with my family. My sister and her family were in town from out of state. I love it when we're all together! Plus the 4th is one of my absolute favorite holidays.






Princess Party
At an auction my mom bid for a "Princess Party" at a really nice restaurant. While my sister was out we took all of the girls, except for the babies, to their Princess Party. It was so much fun! They got all dressed up and were really given the royal treatment.
First they got a tour of the grounds which were absolutely gorgeous. Plus there are all sorts of animals that run around like peacocks, rabbits, ducks, pheasants, and swans that they got to feed.





The food was incredible. The girls ate the best chicken fingers I have ever tasted and us moms had cheese and crackers and these YUMMY dumplings. Not to mention the best fondue that I have ever had.



At the end of the night each "princess" got to take home a gift bag with a wand, candy, a jewelry box, and a balloon. It was such a wonderful experience. Hannah loved being a princess for a whole night.
The Zoo
With how the economy is, Jared's company had a mandatory two week shut down. We decided to look at the bright side of things and take this opportunity for some great family time. We thought it would perfect to take the girls to the zoo.

At the Elephant Show and the Bird Show



Classic photo shots...I have the same pictures when I was a kid. (We never got a good shot of the kids drinking from the lion water fountain.)


They're favorite part was the carousel and the train ride.




My Splurge!
A few months ago I planned a trip to go to Arizona to go see the Broadway show WICKED! It just happen to fall during the same time that Jared was going to be off. I went with Jared's sisters and we stayed with they're brother that lives down there.

At the Mesa Temple

My niece, Elyse, has been in a summer theater workshop and their performance just happen to be during the time we were there. The funny part was that they did WICKED. You did great Elyse!!

WICKED was incredibly good! I highly recommend it and I would go see it again in a heart beat.



Maybe next month will slow down a little bit because my house needs to be cleaned. I must admit that I've enjoyed most of the excitement.

7 comments:

MerriLynn said...

Wow...that is so sad about her foot. Poor sweet girl! Hope it heals up good. What a trooper to be walking on it already. But it sounds like other then that, you had a wonderful month. Wasn't Wicked wonderful? I loved it! I'll totally go with you when it comes again.

Anna said...

You have definitely had more than your share of ER visits. That is no fun! My caller id said Bear River the other day and I got excited that it was you, but nobody answered. So I guess not, unless you were prank calling :) Anyways, we ought to get together! What a cute family!

Mechelle said...

You have been so busy! It sounds like tons of fun- don't worry about cleaning your house- it just gets dirty again!j/k oh and cookie is so cute!

rayndrop said...

looks and sounds like you're busy, busy. i'm glad it's in a good way (mostly, right? except for all those accidents).

is amelia's hair getting lighter? the pictures make it look that way.

kdance said...

Oh no! Poor Amelia!!! What a sad story. Burns hurt so bad. I hope that she's feeling a lot better.

Also, so glad you got to go see Wicked. I wish I could have gone with you!

Shawn and Steph said...

I feel so bad for poor Amelia and her foot! I'm glad you got to go see Wicked!!! Yea for you!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about the burned foot! Lucas burnt both his hands when he was little and they looked just like Amelias foot but wrapped hands, so sad! I think it hurts us as moms more than them! I love the princess party! Oh my goodness, it looks so fun!!!!