Thursday, October 15, 2009

Two!

Is my baby really two?! Before I had kids I never believed it when I would hear parents say that time goes by so fast. Childhood seemed to last forever when I was a kid. Now that I am a parent I must admit that time just seems to be going by faster and faster.

This past weekend we celebrated Amelia's birthday. Due to her "untimely" birthday according to my husband, the deer hunter. We had to do her party a week in advance so that her father and some of her uncles could be present for the party.

Amelia wanted to have a pink Minnie Mouse party. Well, that's exactly what she got...a party full of pink and Minnie Mouse. I don't know who has more fun, me doing all the planning and preparing or the kids at the actual party. Birthday parties are the best!

Excuse the messy counter. Amelia was so excited to wake up from her nap to a decorated house.


Thank You Everyone!

We appreciate everyone driving up for Amelia's special day. We are blessed to have such a wonderful family.



She loved getting all of her presents. Definitely spoiled!

Hannah enjoying the present that she picked out for Amelia.

The Cake
I am so happy with how the cake turned out. It took two days to make it but it was totally worth it.
She was so excited to open up her Minnie Mouse PJ's.

Happy 2nd Birthday sweet Amelia!
We Love You


10 comments:

kdance said...

Happy birthday, Amelia!!! That cake is amazing, Tar. Will you teach me???

Matt Hale said...

Holy cow Tara - way to show us all up with your cake decorating skills! I feel like a bad mother..."Here Emma, I made you a cupcake..."
Sheesh!
You're amazing! Love ya! - Sarah

Nana and Papa S said...

It was just yesterday that cute little girl was born. What a cutie! Love ya tons, Amelia. Happy Birthday Amelia!

Mubeen said...

You are such a wonderful mom!!! Such a great job with the party and the cake-WOW!! Happy Birthday, Amelia!

Emilee said...

Wow! Amazing cake! How did you get the Minnie mouse shape so perfect. You should teach me how to do that. Such a darling cake!

The Heaton's said...

What a fun birthday! I can't believe she is two. Since we see you guys so often ;) I still think of her as a baby:)! What talent Tara! That cake is AMAZING! You need to go into business!

The Balls said...

First of all I CAN"T BELIEVE you made that cake! It turned out amazing!! Second, can you even believe our babies are TWO?! Time flies!

Taunya said...

The cake turned out so cute. We sure love that sweet girl and wish we could have been there.

Shawn and Steph said...

Wow, that cake is amazing. Do you want to make my girls for me?

Anonymous said...

Taunya I will trade with you, I get 4 hours alone with your girls and I make their cakes