The changing colors, the crispness in the air, the excitement of Halloween with the togetherness of Thanksgiving, and not to mention the endless amounts of college football to watch every Saturday definitely makes Fall my absolute favorite season. This Autumn has been especially great with the warm weather we've been having. The 58 degree weather is welcome any time! Here is how the Tonioli's have been taking advantage of this wonderful season.
Picking Pumpkins
The girls have a fun time picking all the pumpkins with dad. This year we grew the miniature pumpkins (got way too many) and the giant pumpkins.HALLOWEEN
We spent Halloween day at my sister's house. Cousin time is always fun! Like usual when the family gets together there was really good food and plenty of it. Then we went home that evening for some Trick-or-Treating. We made it around one block then the girls said they wanted to go home. They said that they had enough candy. I was pretty surprised, I never thought I would hear them say that.
Pink Butterfly
Hannah's costume was really fun to come up with. We found the wings and antlers at a party store and I made the skirt.
Giraffe
Apparently this giraffe was a scary one because whenever we asked Amelia what a giraffe says she would always growl then stick out her tongue.
The Zoo
When we went to the Zoo in the summer the female elephant was pregnant. Ever since then Hannah has been talking all about the baby elephant that was going to be at the zoo and she has been dying to go see it.
The baby elephant, Zuri, really was the cutest thing. I can't tell you how long we stood there watching it play and eat.
Amelia was really excited to see the giraffes. She kept saying "I was a giraffe for Halloween," "I was a giraffe for Halloween!"
This time of year was the perfect time to go to the Zoo. The animals were awake and active. These penguins were going crazy in the water.
Of course we had to do all the rides. It's fun though the girls really love it. No surprise that Hannah chose to ride the baby elephant. I thought Amelia would for sure chose the giraffe, but apparently she didn't see it until the ride was over then she was quite upset that she didn't get to ride it.

You can't go to the Zoo without riding the train.
Happy, Happy, Autumn!









2 comments:
I LOVE THE ZOO! Looks like your girls had a great time. Their costumes were adorable and I love that you have your very own little pumpkin patch!
I love the fall too. It is my favorite time of year. The pictures are great. Again, we missed another great get together with the family. we miss you!
Post a Comment