Friday, November 13, 2009

New Family Pics

When the weather started to get really cold I was worried that I had missed my chance for family pictures to be outside this year. I became very lucky for a couple reasons. First, we had a couple weeks of absolutely beautiful weather. Plus, my friend is just starting to get into the photography business and she wanted more experience. So she was more than willing to do the shoot and I was more than willing to be a guinea pig.

She used a lot of great textures and editing techniques to make the pictures really fun and just plain amazing.  There are so many great shots, but here are some of my favorites along with the ones that are around the blog. In fact I'm having a hard time deciding which ones to have printed out. I only have so much room in my house. Let me know what you think.




















I usually dread picture day. The girls fight and scream and do anything but pose for the photographer; which in turn makes me really stressed. Both Hannah and Amelia did wonderful! (sorry I am bragging a little bit) This was by far the best picture day experience. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that we stayed close to home so the girls were comfortable and they know Merrilynn who was my friend that took the pictures. I really want to tell Merrilynn THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I absolutely love them. You did a wonderful job for us. Check out her blog www.merrilynnsphotography.blogspot.com

15 comments:

Saddie said...

Your pictures turned out GREAT! I'm planning on getting ours done over Thanksgiving and am praying for a miracle(heaven knows we'll need one to even get one decent picture.) Your story gives me hope :)

Johnny said...

Oh I love them! Gorgeous!

Johnny said...

sorry that comment was from Michelle not Johnny.

MerriLynn said...

You are the sweetest! I am SO happy that you are happy with the pictures! It's easy to take good pictures, when the family is so cute! Love you guys!!!

Nicole said...

Wow! The pictures look amazing! What a cute little family!

Russell Fam said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! Your pictures are amazing.

kdance said...

Beautful pics, Tar!!! So, so gorgeous. I'm a little jealous, really.

Emilee said...

Cute pictures! I always have a hard time deciding too. We haven't even taken our pictures yet this year, maybe soon!

The Jeridans said...

Your family pics turned out great...what a cute family. We need to get together again. I had to get a new phone and they weren't able to transfer any of my old numbers over due to a completely dead phone, so give me a call some time. I hope all is well :)

Taunya said...

I love the pictures! You are beautiful!

The Heaton's said...

Your pictures turned out fabulous! Your girls are absolutely adorable! Love the one of them giving each other a hug! You guys are such a cute family!

Shawn and Steph said...

Your pictures are so cute! Don't you love it when they turn out!

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures! Love the colors you chose!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and wanted to tell you what a beautiful family you have! Congrats on baby #3!!

Brandi
www.brandicastlecooking.blogspot.com

Mubeen said...

Such cute pics! Beautiful family!