Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Super Cute Craft

I wanted to share. This isn't anything spectacular but I thought it turned out pretty cute. I made it to be put in Hannah and Amelia's room. I'm sure other people can be much more creative so have fun with it!


I wish that I had done step by step photos but to be completely honest I had no idea how it was going to turn out until I was done. I had the temple picture (thanks Jenny), block of wood, and scrapbook paper left over from a Young Women's activity and the rest of the stuff I just kind of gathered up from my craft supplies.
  • Get a picture of whatever temple you would like in whatever size
  • Paint your wooden board
  • Mod Podge scrapbook paper. (Do the back first and go slow or else you will get air bubbles)
  • Glue on temple picture (You could Mod Podge the picture on as well, however, it may cause the color in the picture to bleed)
  • Decorate board with whatever accessories you want

I thought that I had painted the block a few shades lighter than the color of yellow that is in the girl's room, but apparently I ended up matching it pretty good. Oh well.

3 comments:

rayndrop said...

cute craft. thanks for sharing.

i've got grandma with me here today. she wants to me to tell you that she wants a bigger picture of you guys, the one on the fence. also, we'd both like to know what your baby is going to be. now, is that too much to ask?

it's good seeing your family.

Taunya said...

That is so cute! I might just have to do that for my girls.

The Heaton's said...

Love it! Sooo cute!