Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Hannah!


First of all I need to apologize to my dear sweet Hannah. This posting is way overdue. When you have your birthday so close to Christmas you kind of get a bumb wrap in some things. However, we did go to special lengths this year to make sure her birthday was not overlooked. She had a total of THREE birthday parties. Plus on her actual brithday we went all out for her. The house was decorated and she got to choose whatever she wanted to do that day. I am sad to report that I am short on Hannah's brithday pictures. For some reason when it came to birthday time the camera was either not working or we just didn't pull it out. (I know it really should be a form of child abuse.) In my defense, though, the day of her big, friend party was absolutely crazy. Fun! But a complete mad house.

Hannah's first birthday party was with my side of the family. She got to share a party with her cousin Isabelle.  (Hannah picked out the cake. She saw pink and ran to it.)




There was a special surprise at this party. Santa came  to visit all the kids. He read from his "List" good things that each kid has done this year, and also one thing that they could work on. They all thought it was pretty great that Santa knew so much. This was the first year that Hannah and Amelia sat on his lap by themselves. They're getting so big!

On her actual birthday Hannah was so excited to wake up to a decorated house and wrapped presents. A tradition that we started is to let the kids pick out any kind of cereal that they want for breakfast on their special day. (Thanks for the idea Taun!) They usually don't get sugared cereal so this is a real treat for them. Hannah chose "Lucky Charms" and only ate the marshmallows.  Nexr, she actually wanted to deliver neigborhood Christmas gifts which was great with me. You have to know something about Hannah....she is actually a very shy little girl especially in crowds or new situations. So the fact that she wanted to deliver them herself was a big deal. I sat in the car while she went to most of the doors. She was pretty proud of herself and so was I. Way to go girly!!! I actually planned the rest of the day because I wanted to surprise her. We took her to see the new Disney princess movie "the Princess and the Frog". She loved it! Her laugh was by far the loudest in the theater. Then we went to her favorite restaurant for dinner, Wendy's, so she could have chicken nuggets and fries. We came home and opened presents...finally (she had to wait until Jared was home from work and it was a long wait for her.)

After Christmas was when we did her big friend party. This year Hannah wanted a rainbow theme. It was really fun to plan. Based on their energy level there were 12 kids very excited to be here. There were even three kids who couldn't come. I know I'm completely crazy to invite that many but Hannah made the list. It's her party.

Here are all the activities we did:
1-While the kids were arriving they decorated bags which would later be used to take their party favors home in.
2- Played a color memory game
3- Played pin the cloud on the rainbow
4 - I forgot the name of the game but music was playing and the kids passed a present around. When the music stopped then whoever was holding the present could unwrap one layer and get a surprise. (Each layer was wrapped in a different color to go along with the rainbow theme)
4- Made necklacess and bracelets
5 - Frosted cupcakes
6 - Snack: Rainbow fish crackers, rainbow chocolate chip cookies, fruit kabobs, cupcakes, juice, and rainbow jello. Not very healthy, sorry moms. There was supposed to be a veggie tray but I forgot to get it out.
7 - Rainbow treasure hunt. The kids were given a clue and they had to find that color of balloon. When all the colors were found and they made a rainbow there was treasure (the party favors to put in their bags)
8 - Opened presents
There were still a few minutes before parents arrived so we read a few stories.
It was so much fun!! Then later that night was the party with Jared's family. Hannah had so much fun playing with her cousins. It was really nice of everyone to make the drive.

A huge THANKS to everyone for your support and love that was shown to Hannah on her special day(s). She is so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.
Happy Birthday Hannah, We Love You!!

2 comments:

The Heaton's said...

What a cute girl! Fun party! You always have such great ideas! Your are such a great mom!

Taunya said...

It all sounds like so much fun. I am so happy I was able to be there for one of the parties. We sure love you Hannah!